Saturday 14 July 2018

Natural dyeing "show and tell", and a P.S.

Bryn writes:
"A brilliant display of natural dye plants, sample cards and fleece was set out by Val on Sunday. Shirley's ice dyeing samples of yarn and textile, and Edith's fleece and yarn completed this large exhibit. 
   Val took us through the choice of mordants, methods and selection of dye vessels. Solar pots of walnuts, and ideas for fomenting vegetable prunings in buckets of water were described. This was an all-inclusive talk by a very experienced Dyer.  
   Thank you Val, it was not to be missed."

Val adds:
"You might want to mention on the blog that further to our dye Show and tell, I have had great results with Buddleia flowers and will bring fibre samples to show on Monday evening. I would urge other guild members to have a go especially as no mordant is required.
Best wishes
Val "





All images copyright 2018

1 comment:

  1. I am new to the Guild and to dyeing, and I have to say I was thoroughly captivated by Val's talk and her obvious enthusiasm for all things dye related. I am encouraged to "give it a go" as I'm sure many others in the room were too. Well done Val. It was an interesting, inspiring and thought provoking show and tell

    ReplyDelete